Pride & Prejudice film is one of TV Guide's Best Big-Screen Proposals

The 2005 Pride & Prejudice movie recently made the Top 5 list of TV Guide's Best Big Screen Proposals with the first Darcy proposal scene.

What do you think? Which of Darcy's 2 proposals to Elizabeth did you prefer or thought was the best?

Hmm, while I love the first proposal scene in the pouring rain (who doesn't? lol), but I think (in my opinion, anyway), the 2nd proposal scene towards the end with Mr. Darcy walking in the mist and properly proposing to Lizzie was the best. I thought it was romantic and sexy. Not too mention, she was touched and speechless by his romantic dialogue (who would say "no" to him saying "you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love and love and love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."? Most definitely not I)...and of course, she finally accepted his proposal.

Anyway, here's what they said about P&P movie with the YT video clip of The first Proposal scene as Mr. Darcy proposes to Elizabeth Bennet in the pouring rain...



Pride & Prejudice
The Proposal:
In the pouring rain, Matthew Macfadyen's Mr. Darcy tries to convince Elizabeth (Keira Knightley) he's a changed man, worthy of her love.
What You Said:
"Yes, it wasn't the most romantic dialogue, but damn, how can any woman say no to Matthew's bluer-than-blue eyes???" — sue

[source: Gulapfull]


Previously posted related Post:

Comments

  1. I agree with you that teh second proposal is breath taking, MM walking in the mist, the music, everything made me speechless.
    But the way he looks in the firts proposal, all wet, even prettier blue eyes...gosh, I just looove this movie!!
    Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts on this post here and more...

*You may Comment by using an Account, your Name, or by choosing Anonymous!*

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Rosamund Pike!

Top 10 Favorite Pride & Prejudice Movie Quotes

P&P Movie Script