Listen to Matthew Macfadyen READ a passage from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice novel!

My friend and fellow P&P 05 fan, Sharon Lathan (author of The Darcy Saga novels) brought to my attention (via her facebook) our favorite Matthew Macfadyen aka Pride & Prejudice (2005) film's very own Mr. Darcy, reading the original first proposal passage of Jane Austen's classic novel Pride and Prejudice! on a podcast from The Carte Noire Readers. Thanks Sharon! MM sounds AWESOME! I love the sound of his voice. His voice is so sexy and soothing to listen to...I was "bewitched body and soul" listening to him, lol. To quote Lizzy's aunt Mrs. Gardiner from P&P, "There's something pleasant about his mouth when he speaks." He should've read the entire book and I wouldn't mind just melting to the lovely sound of his voice listening to his darcylicious voice all day and night, 24/7... :)
Here's the link to where you can listen to Matthew reading P&P novel. You can also download the podcast episode (for free) as well on iTunes (if you have one...if not, be sure to download iTunes to download and listen to MM!) I love it when Matthew asked: "Are you sitting comfortably? Then, I'll begin..." I have and I am now indulged in this very moment, sitting comfortably and listening to him on my podcast player on iTunes iPod (on repeat too, hehe!) as well as reading along the first proposal excerpt from the P&P novel. :)

Updated 6/1/10
Check out and listen to a new interview of Matthew from The Carte Noire Readers on Classic FM:

Fresh from Cannes Film Festival, Matthew was interviewed about his reading the excerpt of P&P, why he read that particular scene (The First Proposal scene), if he has read the P&P novel prior to filming the P&P movie, his Sheriff of Notthingham role in Robin Hood movie, and his children, etc.

Listen/download Matthew Macfadyen's interview here!

Comments

  1. LOVE it! I could listen to his voice all day.


    iTunes also has an audiobook version of Emma, narrated by Jeremy Northam. SWOON.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts on this post here and more...

*You may Comment by using an Account, your Name, or by choosing Anonymous!*

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Rosamund Pike!

Top 10 Favorite Pride & Prejudice Movie Quotes

P&P Movie Script