Rosamund Pike designs the 'Rosamund BAG' Collection For L.K. BENNETT

 
Last January, I previously posted about Rosamund Pike is the new face of L.K. Bennett for Spring/Summer 2013 campaign and now the lovely and beautiful Rosamund Pike is not the only star of the new L.K. Bennett campaign; a capsule collection of bags she has designed in collaboration with the label also enjoy their moment in the spotlight.

Aptly named after the British actress, the Rosamund Bag Collection features three bags in differing sizes: the Rosa, Rosie and Rosamund. With the attitude of Julie Christie in the opening scene of Darling as inspiration, the boxy totes come in six colourways.

"I think having a handbag is about feeling that you are holding a little bit of luxury and hopefully that is what this bag will offer," explains the 34-year-old Pride and Prejudice star. Read full article via UK's Telegraph

Watch Rosamund's LK Bennet campaign (Autumn/Winter 2013) video via UK's Telegraph below...



Also, here's another article from UK's Vogue...
Rosamund Pike Debuts Accessories Collection

ROSAMUND PIKE has unveiled her debut collection for LK Bennett via an exclusive film (watch it here). The actress - who is also the face of the brand - has designed three different bags in six different colours. "I feel incredibly nervous about it," Pike told us. "It's something that I've created and I've put my taste on show, my preferences. I've put a lot of thought into it. I wanted to give people who can't afford designer bags a taste of that quality for half the price, but still maintain a high level of luxury." Each bag has grab handles (although there is an additional, detachable cross-body strap inside the bag too), a style inspired by a nonchalant, carefree Julie Christie in the opening scene of 1965 film Darling. Made using Italian calf-skin leather, the collection also features suede linings and a subtle brushed gold safety pin detail - referencing the actress' treasured Jennifer Fisher earrings. "I didn't want it to be a bag that imposed anything on anyone," she continued. "I wanted it to be able to contain chaos, but to have a polished exterior. I always think of myself as classic, with a corrupt element. That's why I decided to deconstruct the zip slightly and incorporate the safety pin detail. I want to subtly offer my taste, without bombarding people with it. The short handles, for example, represent the little girl in all of us. When you have a longer handle, you're weighted down in a different way." Although Pike is a shoe fan, designing bags felt like a natural choice for her. She spent days collaging colours and deliberating about the smallest of details. "The process has been so rewarding," she said. "I'm fully aware that people train for years to do this and it must be unbelievably irritating when someone like me comes along and designs a collection. I know that I could never do this on my own. I do have an eye for detail though and I do care for proportion. Acting has taught me that - I have to look at myself in 3D at all times. It's given me an eye for shape and aesthetic."
(source:  British Vogue, July 2013 | L.K. Bennett | The Telegraph)

Speaking of Rosamund Pike and L.K. Bennett, check out and watch a Behind The Scenes, SS 2013 Campaign - Rosamund Pike video below...


(source: lkbennettlondon)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Rosamund Pike!

Top 10 Favorite Pride & Prejudice Movie Quotes

P&P Movie Script